- Applicants must be within two semesters of completing all pre-veterinary course requirements (by June 1st following application) and must have a grade point average in the required courses of at least 2.80.
- A grade lower than "C" in a required course is unacceptable and must be repeated. A C- is considered below a C.
- If the applicant retakes a course, the hours and grade points of the repeated course will be added to those of the original course in calculating the required course GPA.
- All courses taken for the purpose of substitution must be completed by the end the fall term in which application is made.
- Math and science based courses must have been completed within eight years of the fall semester in which application is made.
- Upper level science courses must be taken at a 4-year institution to be valid. This includes Animal Nutrition, Biochemistry, Genetics, and Organic Chemistry.
- An applicant is required to take the general Graduate Record Exam (GRE). Test results must be in the applicants file by December 1. Scores are acceptable only if the tests were taken within four academic years prior to application. It takes several weeks for OSU to receive score reports, therefore it is recommended to take the test no later than November 1. To register for the GRE online, visit http://www.gre.org/ttindex.html. Applicants must list Institution code 6558 for score reports (do not use the code for Oklahoma State University’s Graduate College).
Items to Remember and Deadlines
- All transcripts must be sent to VMCAS by September 1. The Oklahoma State University College of Veterinary Medicine will not accept transcripts. http://aavmc.org/transcriptver.aspx.
- The VMCAS Application is due by Oct 2. All aspects of the application are processed through VMCAS— VMCAS application, VMCAS application fee, evaluations, and transcripts. www.vmcas.org
- Complete the OSU Supplemental Application and pay the application fee by October 2 through the OSU website. Click here to access the OSU Supplemental Application.
- Make sure to take the GRE prior to Nov 1 so that scores arrive in the admissions office by the December 1 deadline.
- Fall transcripts are due to VMCAS by February 1.
- Make sure to have completed the prerequisites by June 1. Planned courses can be indicated in the VMCAS application so specify (as best as you can) which semesters they are planned for.
- Applicants taking any required course by correspondence must have their grades received by the Veterinary Medicine Admissions Office by June 1.