|The University and the Community|
Oklahoma State University was founded in 1890 by Act of the First Territorial Legislature as Oklahoma's Land Grant University. The main campus consists of 415 acres with more than 80 permanent buildings, including modern physical education buildings, a performing arts center, a $37 million research center for agriculture and renewable resources, and a Wellness Center. The College of Veterinary Medicine was founded in 1948. (For more information, visit the About OSU page.)
Stillwater is located in north-central Oklahoma, approximately 65 miles west of Tulsa and 60 miles northeast of Oklahoma City. The population according to the 1990 census is 36,676. In the fall of 1997, approximately 19,000 students were enrolled.
For more information about Stillwater, visit the Stillwater Intranet Site
University and private housing are readily available on and near the campus. Costs vary ($300-$600/month, including utilities), depending on personal needs.