The OSU Pet Therapy Advisory Board is comprised of individuals who have an interest in the OSU Pet Therapy program. In addition, they may represent key areas on campus that could benefit the greatest by having a therapy animal. Board Members currently include:
- OSU First Cowgirl, Ann Hargis
- Suzanne Burks, Director, University Counseling Services
- Jean Sander, DVM, MAM, DACPV, Dean, Center for Veterinary Health Sciences
- Jamie Payne, Assistant Vice President, Administration and Finance and Director, Human Resources
- Lara Sypniewski, DVM, DABVP, CVMA, OSU Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital (non-voting member)
- Mark Neer, DVM, DACVIM, Director, OSU Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital
- Bill Gentry, Coordinator, Employee Assistance Program
- Kendria Cost, HR/Assistant to the First Lady
- Matt Brown, Director, Residential Life
- John Price, Attorney, Legal Counsel
The Role of the OSU Pet Therapy Advisory Board:
- The board oversees all components of the OSU Pet Therapy Program.
- The board approves all animals accepted into the program.
- The board may remove animals from the program as needed.
- The board will review each animal and owner/handler accepted into the program on a yearly basis.
- The board shall meet quarterly, and more often as determined necessary.
- The board may ask owners/handlers to volunteer time outside of the OSU campus. Such requests will be voluntary and are not required for acceptance into the program. However, strong consideration will be given to those owners/handlers who wish to be involved in such community service endeavors.