The Oklahoma State University College of Veterinary Medicine:
- Educates and develops skilled veterinarians for a lifetime of investigation, innovation, and care and protection of animal health
- Discovers and disseminates knowledge concerning health and disease mechanisms of biomedical and veterinary medical importance
- Creates and utilizes effective methods for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of animal diseases and those transmissible to humans; and
- Provides a state-of-the-art veterinary medical resource center that serves the citizens of Oklahoma, the nation, and the world.
The Oklahoma State University College of Veterinary Medicine will:
- Become the Oklahoma State Center for Veterinary Health Sciences;
- Be ranked among the top 15 veterinary colleges in the United States;
- Be continually commitment to educating students to become balanced, knowledgeable, capable, and respected veterinarians who are life-long learners in their chosen fields;
- Become an international leader for innovative biomedical as well as basic and clinical veterinary research;
- Be committed to the training and education of the next generation of scientists, teachers, and clinical specialists;
- Develop a modern regional referral center for clinical veterinary medicine;
- Stand as the sentinel for animal disease and protection in Oklahoma and regionally;
- Recruit, develop, and retain highly motivated, well-trained, diverse faculty and staff;
- Foster an environment of professionalism, cooperation, tolerance, optimism and enthusiasm;
- Provide technologically advanced support for teaching, research, diagnosis, and treatment; and
- Continue its strong tradition in educating veterinarians for practice in rural communities.
Excellence - We seek excellence in all our endeavors, and we are committed to continuous improvement.
Intellectual Freedom – We believe in ethical and scholarly questioning in an environment that respects the rights of all to freely pursue knowledge.
Integrity – We are committed to the principles of truth and honesty, and we will be equitable, ethical, and professional.
Service – We believe that serving others is a noble and worthy endeavor.
Diversity – We respect others and value diversity of opinion, freedom of expression, and other ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Stewardship of Resources – We are dedicated to the efficient and effective use of resources. We accept the responsibility of the public’s trust and are accountable for our actions.
Professionalism – We are committed to treating the public, our students and colleagues in a manner becoming the profession of veterinary medicine.
Student Centered – We are committed to providing for our students an atmosphere that is conducive for and promotes educational, professional and personal development.
Scholarship – We are committed to the discovery, application and sharing of new basic and applied scientific knowledge.
Cooperation – We strive to always be supportive of one another in our academic and personal endeavors.
Unity of Purpose – We are committed to our mission and vision and strive together to achieve them.
Synergy of Human Resources – We believe that teamwork and cooperative efforts will maximize each other’s strengths and minimize each other’s weaknesses.