|Great Opportunity for New/Recent Graduate!! - Practice for Sale
|Job Status||Pending Approval|
|Date Posted||Thursday, 31 March 2011|
Kanab Veterinary Hospital
484 S 100 East
Kanab, UT 84741
Mixed Practice in qualifying counties for student loan debt reimbursement up to $75,000 over 3 years! Combine with well established foundation, part time SA practice = Huge opportunity.
The clinic provides:
Preventative care including complete wellness exams, vaccinations and titers, feeding consultation, general management;
General care for life’s little bumps and bruises, age related care, chronic conditions, disease treatment, general medical and surgical care;
Emergency care always available during business hours and referral assistance to the comanaged emergency facility in St. George, UT. Opportunities for increased income if after hours emergency services are provided by Kanab. Shift are available at emergency facility in St George.
Details of the hospital
Located on 2 acres
· The hospital facility can house both large and small animal species
· Small animal accommodations include two exam rooms, surgery room, treatment room/lab, office, and kennels & isolation room
· equine and small farm animal accommodations are adjacent with a shelter and an equine chute for dentistry and other routine medical procedures or surgery
· Small home next to hospital
· Secure fenced yard for small animals to exercise
· Horse corrals and round pen
· Private parking with easy trailer pull-through
Kanab has a wide diversity of residents.
1. Family values run high
2. Retired people of all ages enjoy the outdoor life and small rural character
3. Second career people have the disposable income and commitment to lifestyle that dedicates them to their pets.
Because of the above resident base, there remains a higher than average pet-ownership per capita.
This practice was designed for the small rural nature of the Kanab area. It allows the Veterinarian to be more like the “family pet doctor”. It’s a much more satisfying experience for clinician and client. We find that clinic compliance for the animal care is higher. This style of practice also creates a strong client loyalty. People dive hundreds of miles to seek this personalized care.
Kanab Veterinary Clinic is currently operated as a solo general practitioner with one veterinarian, one vet technician and a receptionist. There is high potential for growth of the practice if that is desired. Dr. Backus has chosen to operate as a solo practitioner for the lifestyle it provided.
Kanab is a small rural town. High safety standards combined with a strong work ethic make it a safe place to live. It’s the quintessential outdoor town. Three National Parks, BLM and forest service surround Kanab. It’s an active town.
The Hospital is centrally located. Walking distance to stores, schools, and churches. That means no commute, which saves lots of times AND money.
Big Opportunity for Expansion
1. Emergency services. Currently Kanab Veterinary Hospital does not offer after hours emergency services. There is certainly a need for it and people have requested the additional services. Currently, people have to drive over an hour for emergency services.
2. Routine business hours. Currently the clinic is operated on a part-time basis. If the clinic hours were expanded to 5 days/week the income generated would increase substantially.
3. With two acres, many opportunities exist for expansion and financial growth
4. Large Animals – Horses, cattle and other small farm animals are abundant. There is significant growth opportunities to add this sector to and practice.
5. Boarding facility. There is ample land to build a boarding facility for dogs and cats. There is no facility for 75 miles. Local people are in need of boarding and with the huge visitation to the National Parks, tourists are requesting daily to have day care and long-term boarding while they tour the parks.
Sale terms are flexible
1. Purchase the practice only with a lease on the property (lease options available)
2. Purchase practice and property (partial or entire property)
3. Training and mentoring through the transition available. Current Veterinarian will provide relief vet services.
Kanab Vet Hospital has operated debt free for years. Cash flow is dependable year round. There is a strong opportunity for growth.
This is not a fire sale. Dr. Backus has been offered opportunities to study and practice integrative medicine which requires extensive travel. Such travel is obviously not in the best interest of the clinic, the patients of their owners. Dr. Backus wishes to sell the Practice at a price that can allow a practitioner the ability to provide excellent veterinary care while building a financially secure business.
For pricing details and financials contact Dr. Backus
Kanab Veterinary Hospital
Dr. Kathy Backus DVM, owner
484 S 100 East Kanab, UT 84741
Phone: 435-644-2400 (office) 928-691-0393 (cell)
|How to Apply|
|Email Resume Toemail@example.com|
Dr. Kathy Backus
Contact Phone: 435-644-2400 (Office); 928-691-0393 (cell)
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Go back to last page|