|Job Status||Pending Approval|
|Date Posted||Thursday, 16 February 2012|
Swaim Serum Company
1601 S Agnew Ave
Oklahoma City , OK 73108
Swaim Serum Company located in Oklahoma City, OK is seeking a Managing DVM to join its practice.
Swaim Serum Company is a full-service walk-in veterinary clinic and animal health supply store. Professional services include preventative and comprehensive medical, surgical, and dental care. Swaim Serum Co. provides a broad spectrum of diagnostics through both in-house and external laboratories. Facilities include a large waiting area, three working exam rooms, surgery suite, treatment room, well-stocked pharmacy, digital x-ray, and a large retail store offering supplies for both small and large animals.
Please see the company website, www.swaimserum.com, to learn more about Swaim Serum Company.
The Managing DVM will work closely alongside the Owner. Responsibilities include practicing medicine through seeing patients, performing surgeries and other tasks, providing medical leadership, managing associate veterinarians and clinic staff, and assuring regulatory compliance relating to the practice of veterinary medicine. Additional responsibilities include the following:
Advancing Medical Care
· Practices medicine and oversees medical and surgical cases for doctors insuring positive outcomes, accurate estimates, referrals, and client communication and education.
· Maintains and improves quality of medical and surgical procedures.
· Answers client questions and concerns and assists staff in educating and instructing clients.
· Oversees and directs medical standards and protocols, benchmarks and quality of care.
· Recommends clinic inventory working in conjunction with Inventory Control Specialist.
· Documents the required and completed hours of continuing education credits per year.
· Oversees and files all required logs to regulating departments.
· Creates a positive work environment by resolving staff concerns and conflicts.
· Performs team meetings and assists Owner in developing a workplace conducive to high employee morale, ensuring positive working relationships between clients and staff.
· Manages staff, including preparing schedules and training staff.
· Participates in staff performance appraisals.
· Minimizes waste and helps control costs relating to medical supplies, equipment, and drug inventories.
· Acts as the spokesperson for the practice including interviews.
· Makes decisions alongside or alone in the absence of the owner regarding the practice.
· Partners with Owner to make hiring and termination recommendations.
· Responsible for the financial performance of the clinic and takes ownership for the success of the practice.
· Prepares an annual planning matrix, operating budget, and capital budget with the Owner.
· Partners with the Owner and Marketing Specialist to drive patient visits and community involvement.
· Capable of motivating change and driving programs in the practice.
· Monitors client service, marketing, and growth initiatives.
· Continually looks for ways to innovate operational practices that improve the growth of the practice.
•Recipient of a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university.
•Practicing veterinary medicine for at least 5 years.
•Supervision or management experience preferred.
•Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Oklahoma.
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
•Committed to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
•Capable of quality decision making.
•Able to coach, direct, develop and motivate employees.
•Demonstrates excellent time and task management skills.
•Demonstrates professional and courteous presentation with staff and clients.
|Compensation||Competitive salary commensurate to experience, 401K, PTO and Hoildays, Medical insurance plan & more|
|How to Apply||Thank you for your interest in the position. Please forward résumé and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Email Resume Toemail@example.com|
|Go back to last page|