|Date Posted||Thursday, 09 May 2013|
City of Fayetteville Arkansas
1640 S Armstrong Ave
Essential Job Duties
1. Provide good customer service to both internal and external customers, maintain positive and effective working relationships with other City employees (especially members of his or her own team), and have regular and reliable attendance that is non-disruptive.
2. Perform supervisory responsibilities which may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the City’s policies and applicable laws.
3. Responsible for overseeing the animal health program at the shelter.
4. Responsible for conducting spay/neuter surgeries at the shelter.
5. Supervise disease prevention, educating staff in analyzing health issues.
6. Examine and treat shelter animals and provide emergency care when necessary.
7. Provide sterilization and rabies vaccinations for all the animals adopted or reclaimed from the shelter including early age spay/neuter and provide sterilization for animals approved through the Low Cost Spay/Neuter program for low income individuals, and vaccinations for those same animals as appropriate.
8. Examine, vaccinate and oversee the treatment of shelter animals.
9. Supervise the shelter disease prevention program.
10. Provide 24 hour emergency care for injured or ill, impounded animals.
11. Provide training for Animal Services staff in animal first aid, disease recognition and disease prevention, and in the prevention of transmission of zoonotic diseases.
12. Complete all required medical records and drug records required by the Drug Enforcement Agency.
13. Supervise Veterinary Assistant.
14. Oversee the process to microchip animals as needed.
15. Testify in Court Cruelty Cases; write reports for such cases; professional opinion and diagnosis.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
Secondary Job Duties:
1. Secondary duties as assigned.
|Qualifications|| Minimum Qualifications:
1. Doctoral degree (DVM) and two years of related experience and/or training and a minimum of one year of management experience.
2. State License to Practice Veterinary Medicine and Controlled Substance Certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment.
3. Effectively communicate with others orally and in writing.
4. Must be proficient in the use of a personal computer and other related software programs. Must be able to effectively operate standard office equipment.
5. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
6. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, and/or members of the business community.
7. Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of practical problems.
8. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graph, etc).
9. Must pass a criminal background check with no convictions or guilty pleas or no contest pleas for offenses that include, but are not limited to, the types of offenses listed in A.C.A. 21-15-103, any criminal law pertaining to controlled substances or illegal substances, and/or any criminal law pertaining to animals.
10. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
11. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet/and or humid conditions.
|Compensation||$27.25 - $41.53 Hourly $56,680.00 - $86,382.40 Annually|
|Number of Openings||1|
|Highest finished education||University|
|How to Apply||Apply online at www.accessfayetteville.org under the “Careers” button. Questions may be directed to the Shelter Director, Justine Lentz, at 479-444-3455 or email@example.com|
Contact Phone: 479-444-3455
|Go back to last page|